Queensland’s safety regulator has called for caution when working near overhead powerlines, after 2 deaths and numerous serious injuries.
The most recent incident involved a 28 year man who suffered an electric shock when the pruning tool he was working with came into contact with live powerlines.
These incidents are not only tragic and devastating for the families affected, but they are avoidable.
We must remember to respect the safe exclusion zone distances around powerlines and check for powerlines before we even begin work. Source: http://content.safetyculture.com.au/news/index.php/08/safety-warning-issued-powerline-electrocution-deaths/#.V9hrZPl97IV