wires-1The family of a South Australian man who was electrocuted on the job in April 2014 has been awarded $20,000 compensation and the employer involved has been fined $45,000.

The 43 year old man was working for a construction company on a site at Yahl when the incident occurred on April 23, 2014.

It was found that a section of metal the man was holding came into contact with overhead wires  which were live, causing the electrocution. Read more at http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-31/construction-company-bissen-fined-over-electrocution-death/7802426